Wednesday 21 January 2009

Watery Wednesday: Greece

Πάργα, Greece
August 2007
I'd like to tell you a pretty story around this picture but I don't know what to say! I took this photo while standing on the castle wall. It looks more like a postcard, doesn't it? It almost too pretty! Do you see the church on the tiny island? It's called Panagia Lihada and it's the home to the miraculous icon of Panagia, the mother of Jesus Christ. Panagia means Most Holy. Every year on August the 15th they celebrate the Dormination (Assumption) of our Virgin Mary. Many a couple gets married here and who can blame them in this little piece Greece of heaven? :o)

Please do not use this photo without asking my permission first. Thank you!

8 comments:

Mojo said...

With views like that, how does anybody get anything done?

Good for you adopting from the animal shelter! There are sooo many great dogs there just aching for a home. And no matter what some people might say, they know they caught a break when they're adopted. And they'll thank you every single day in so many ways. I'd never get a dog any other way.

Unknown said...

Beautiful view!!! wow! love the place. I am so happy that you found dolls patterns. Start making them and let me see photos then. God Bless!

Irma said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You really make me want to go to Greece again!!!

Irma said...

Look how cute!
http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/background.php?id=280
Just in case you ever wanted to start another blog or change this one (not that it needs changing, it's already sooo pretty!).

2sweetnsaxy said...

It is a beautiful photo and definitely post card perfect!
:-) What a beautiful spot.

simply divina said...

I love to visit Greece someday. My husband knows it already since we met some couple in Hawaii during our honeymoon. Nice place to go,thanks for sharing.

Carletta said...

What a magnificent view!

George said...

What a beautiful picture. I love the blue of the sea.