Saturday 3 January 2009

Saturday Shopping: Loving Bees

I always liked bees, probably also because I have never been stung by one when I was little. The soothing buzz, the way they wave flying from flower to flower endorsing it.. there is something very romantic about this little creature. One day my friends suggested I should read a book written by Sue Monk Kidd called 'The Secret Life of Bees'. I was in love! What a beautifully written book and there are bees in it! Something that had always taken my interest -but now growing deeper and deeper- I went in search and found myself a beekeeping beginners course and applied! I enjoyed it very much and to quote from 'The Secret Life of Bees': Women make the best beekeepers, 'cause they have a special ability built into them to love creatures that sting. It comes from years of loving children and husbands. *Ü*. I didn't avoid getting stung though but that's just part of it and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. If I can find my sister's camera I will post a photo of me as beekeeper :0)

"Bee yard etiquette: ... the world is really one big bee yard, and the same rules work fine in both places: Don't be afraid, as no life-loving bee wants to sting you. Still, don't be an idiot; wear long sleeves and long pants. Don't swat. Don't even think about swatting. If you feel angry, whistle. Anger agitates, while whistling melts a bee's temper. Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't. Above all, send the bees love. Every little thing wants to be loved."

But I'm rambling away! Here are my favourite Etsy bees =)
1 Bee Happy Sterling Silver Necklace by KathrynRiechert
2 Bee Mine Heart Charm by prolifique
3 Valentine's coasters - Honey Bee by lifestylewithlove
4 Custom Name Banner - Bee Design by Gingerwinks
5 Precious Bumble Bee PDF ePattern by preciouspatterns
6 Honey by Lindsay Brackeen by lindsayart
7 Bees and flowers felt booties by julesinsearch
8 Bee Good To Your Body Butter by flipflopmamma

I especially love the name banner and did you notice it? It says -very appropiate- Bella! Is that a clue I should buy it? What do you think and what are your favourites?

Have a beeautiful day, Liesel

2 comments:

Irma said...

I love this blog, all the pictures just make me feel happy!

Here are a couple of links I came across yesterday that I thought you might like:

http://www.hshpgraphics.com/freegraphics.htm

http://www.illoluv.com/countrycolors/graphics/sets.html

There are lots of freebies on there like bees, garden, cowboy, tea etc.

You have a beeautiful day too!
Irma

Silvia said...

I love the necklace and the charm, but then again, I can see you with everything! The banner is really cute too :)